Friday, January 11, 2019

Journey into SET: No WebElement.isClicked()

In creating the Test Framework using Selenium for testing a specific web application, I am sort of shocked that the authors of Selenium would allow a WebElement to be "clicked" but not keep track whether this WebElement "isClicked" or even "isClickable".

https://seleniumhq.github.io/selenium/docs/api/java/org/openqa/selenium/WebElement.html#click--

So, anyhow, learned the hard way and had to really pay attention to reading the large paragraph in the API's method definition when it should the method should hanlde such cases or the Object should allow for handling such cases.

But, there's my issue too - why am I not contributing to this open source library set (tool)?

I need to get my game up and contribute, not complain.

I got around my problem and solved using the:
driver.navigate.refresh()

Well, at least I now know. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment