Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Killing Application Processes in Linux CentOS

I can't believe I have to write a post about this, but my Selenium test is hanging in the Firefox browser. I don't have time to figure out if it's my Eclipse IDE causing the Java Runtime issue or my Maven (with I doubt although this is how I launch the test to run) or Selenium driver that I'm using in Maven.

But, I got tired of searching online for the same commands because I can't remember all these Linux commands. I just don't work in Linux Terminal enough to remember all this in addition to what I'm actually coding.

Here's the article I reference (and avoid rebooting my machine):
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-different-ways-to-end-unresponsive-programs-in-linux/

Here's the command I typically use:
$ ps aux | grep firefox
$ kill <processID>

Go process hangups! (Really though, why are we still having these silly issues in 2018?)

No comments:

Post a Comment