Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Troubleshoot - (Eclipse) Debug Error: "Model Proxy installed notification job"

Hello, hello!
Did you run into this "Model Proxy installed notification job" Error, too?

So, I ran into this bizarre error in Eclipse IDE (Juno version) while debugging some code. The error title is "Multiple problems have occurred" and the message is:
'An internal error occurred during: "Model Proxy installed notification job". '




I thought if I clicked on "OK" and perhaps restarted Eclipse IDE, then this error would resolve itself due to some Eclipse caching or what not. Anyhow, this thought failed. So, before I started trying all kinds of crazy stuff, I googled and found this answer @ http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14611383/eclipse-debugger-error-model-proxy-installed-notification-job

However, those instructions still didn't work for me (from stackoverflow). I went back into Eclipse, opened the Debug perspective. Error displayed again. Click OK on error dialog.

Then, I noticed something strange in my Breakpoints view. Although all of my breakpoints "looked" like they were removed, my 'Remove All Breakpoints' icon was still enabled. Strange, because shouldn't this icon be disabled if all of my breakpoints are removed?

*click on picture to enlarge view*

So, let's try something. In the Breakpoints view, I clicked on the icon to Remove All Breakpoints (and 'yes' that I am sure). And now I see the Breakpoints view I am expecting along with the 'Remove All Breakpoints' icon disabled.

*click on picture to enlarge view*

To test and make sure my error was resolved, I switched to Java perspective and back to Debug. No error displayed. I removed the Breakpoints view and re-added the Breakpoints view. No error displayed. I left my Eclipse at the Debug perspective and restarted Eclipse. Still no error. AWESOME!!! Issue resolved and have a nice day! Hahahaaa....

P.S. I also removed all the .bak logs in ./workspace/.metadata directory. I don't think this was related to the Debug error, but making note just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment