Thursday, April 24, 2014

Learning NetBeans - Setting Default Browser

I thought I had set my default browser to use the Embedded Webkit Browser included with NetBeans. But, my default browser still opens my HelloWorld webpage in Google Chrome (my OS's default web browser that I had set).

Here's what I did:
  1. Open NetBeans IDE > Add HelloApp web project > click Run icon (or in menu bar, select Run > Run Project).

What happens is the index.html (default webpage for web project) displays in my operating system's default browser which is Chrome.


However, I would like my project to display the webpages in NetBeans' embedded webkit browser.

Solution: To fix this, here's what I did:
  1. In menu bar, select Run > select Set Project Browser > Embedded Webkit Browser.
  2. Click Run icon (or in menu bar, select Run > Run Project).


Now my project displays in the NetBeans' embedded webkit browser.


To update the default browser for the project, simply follow the process again (mentioned in the "Solution" section) and select one of the browser options.

No comments:

Post a Comment