Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Recode: SpringBoot vs other frameworks

I'm coding up another backend application for an outdated system and using the recommended SpringBoot since the client's demand is in Java. I don't know a lot about any specific framework, but I'm learning a lot about SpringBoot during this project. Having already worked on other frameworks and creating my own fun samples at home in JavaScript and Python, I can't help but wonder why this Java framework doesn't already have something so essential during today's programming: a component generator.

Most frameworks that I've used in JavaScript, Python and even Ruby (Rails), have a component generator via CLI. I notice that SpringIO has a Spring Initializr, but it's GUI doesn't provide options to create a standard web application with security for users. I won't go too deep here, but the point is - I'm tired of creating an MVC (where the View is actually just a API page). I just want to generate components from a list of known models and be done (so I can start having design meetings about what the client really wants me to program).

Anyhow, I just wanted to say this on a black and white page. It's another reason why I think need to look for software development opportunities outside of the Java world. But then again, I just need to do some more research. Hey, maybe even try JHipster and see what the hype is all about!

References:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDhumjWApl0  (Spring Initializr - YouTube)
https://raygun.com/blog/popular-java-frameworks/

No comments:

Post a Comment