Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Review: An Entrepreneur Story from CrowdTrust to Bowery Farming

As I was learning more about Bowery Farming (which I'll blog soon about), I learned that the founder Irving Fain had created another company called CrowdTwist beforehand.

CrowdTrust



But what really caught my attention isn't the company or the product (at least not for CrowdTrust), but the story entrepreneur Irving Fain in starting his first company. He was working a good job in a corporation and had an idea with one of his colleagues. Together they took a risk and got accepted into the TechStars NYC program where they actually got funded for a few months to *prepare* to pitch their prototype.

TechStars NYC

Wait? They possible accept teams with new ideas but without even a prototype of their product? Well, that's what I understand, surprisingly. See, here's a snippet from the TechStars NYC website:



Learn more about TechStars by watching this video.

Irving Fain - Successful Entrepreneur

I also learned a lot from his interview on Cornell Tech.




Yep, and just like that, I'm a fan of Irving Fain. Great thinking and doing, Mr. Fain!!

Bowery Farming

Now, back to Bowery Farming.

This is definitely changing the future of food and I'm looking forward to it. It is even going to change how people grow their own gardens at home.

An Employee's Story Inside Bowery Farming




Rethinking the entire Food Supply Chain




Good, healthy stuff - thanks, Mr. Fain!

References



No comments:

Post a Comment