Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The opposite of "last updated" = "least active"

Dev,

Today I found myself absorbed with a co-worker in search of the right term for the opposite of "last updated". I found probable terms like "wane", "stale", and "untouched", but none quite fitting and self-explanatory for users.

We asked a fellow co-worker, an analyst, who came up with "active" and "idle". Of course, why didn't I think of this? In earlier projects and working with former teams, it's common to use the phrase "most active" and "least active" in respect to projects.

So, there we have it and now I have it recorded for my future reference to never waste another couple hours trying to figure this out. I can't believe this isn't already captured in certain websites or online forums like: http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/46976/opposite-of-most-recently

Photo by betaBoston
Happy Thinking,
G2

No comments:

Post a Comment